If central banks allow gold to become money, how would they enact QE??
A choppy week has given away to sterling strength with $GBPUSD breaking above the major psychological level at 1.60. Traders say month end flows are to blame for sterling strength when its fundamentals hold a more ominous outlook for the currency. BoE next week will continue these breakouts and trigger some profit-taking as most pairs sit GBP bullish at key levels into the weekend …despite the headlines.
- BOE QE Debate Seen In Flux Again As Data Turn Sour (Forex Live)
- U.K. Consumer Confidence Fell in March Amid Government Squeeze (Bloomberg)
- UK PROBABLY SHOULDN’T PRESS ITS DEBT-DURATION LUCK (Dow Jones)
- UK in talks to sell part of RBS stake to Abu Dhabi (BBC)
- The third British Empire (Al Jazeera)
- GBPUSD Pushes Above The Two Month High Today (Forex Live)
- EURGBP Update (50’s Blog)
- GBPJPY trendline break (Chart.ly)