The Bank of England is sounding very hawkish with commentary from both Adam Posen (uber-dove) and Andrew Sentance (uber-hawk) featured today. However with double-dip calls coming out of the UK, the market is already looking ahead to Wednesday’s UK GDP release. Currently hawkish sentiment will drive an already rallying sterling higher into the release. However, the risk of a contraction could see sterling tumble severely on disappointing data.
- The United Kingdom Explained (Explore)
- Why I Changed My Vote (Peterson Institute for International Economics)
- Interest rates could start to rise soon – Andrew Sentance (The Telegraph)
- Britain to discover if it is in a double-dip recession (The Telegraph)
- Property market smothered by ‘gigantic’ rate swap costs (The Telegraph)
- Britain pledges additional £10bn towards IMF war chest (The Telegraph)
- 12 reasons why Mark Carney should stay put in Canada (The Globe and Mail)